The following recipe was provided courtesy of local blogger, Kristen, of Local Farm Mom.
This recipe is an easy crowd-pleaser. Toss your bone-in ham in the crockpot, let it cook all day and you will have delicious ham sandwiches like no one has had before. What’s even better is that they are freezer friendly and taste great when reheated.
- 6 lbs. Heinen's bone-in ham
- 8 oz. yellow mustard
- 1 lb. brown sugar
- 24 dinner rolls or buns
- Add the ham to your slow cooker and cover it 3/4 of the way with water.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove the ham and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Dispose of the liquid in the slow cooker and shred ham using your hands or a fork.
- Put the shredded ham back into the crockpot. Stir in sugar and mustard. Cover and cook on low just until heated and sugar is dissolved. Serve on rolls or buns.