The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
It’s that time of year when egg nog creeps back into grocery stores. If I’m being honest, I’ve never been one that’s loved eggnog, but the egg nog from Smith’s Dairy that I found in Heinen’s Dairy Department forever changed my opinion.
Even better, this egg nog is made locally, which I am all about! I’d say that there was no better way to reintroduce myself to this beloved holiday drink! If you’re in Heinen’s Chicago region, grab a jar of Oberweis egg nog – it’s also Midwest made and equally delicious!
Holidays are all about family and friends. But this year, it’s all about booze. Just kidding… kind of! No matter how you’re celebrating the holidays, I highly recommend making this egg nog cocktail!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Cocktail
- 8 oz. Smith's Dairy or Oberweis egg nog
- 1 tsp. cinnamon syrup
- 1 oz. raspberry framboise
- 1 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur
- For the cinnamon syrup, add 1 part sugar to 1 part water and boil with 2 cinnamon sticks. Store in the fridge for use in this cocktail or other holiday dishes, drinks and desserts.
- Mix the cinnamon syrup with the rest of the cocktail ingredients and serve cold.