The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Pork tenderloin is ideal for weeknight meals and easy entertaining because it roasts in under 30 minutes and doesn’t require a marinade to add big flavor. I often skip a marinade in favor of a simple seasoning rub or glaze, as you’ll see in this recipe.
I’m coating Heinen’s CARE Certified pork tenderloin in a combination of brown sugar, Dijon mustard and herbs for the perfect balance of savory and sweet. You don’t need to brown the pork tenderloin before roasting, so you’ll only need a trusty sheet pan for this recipe.
While the pork roasts, cook some rice and toss together a simple green salad to round out this nearly effortless dinner.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ¼ cup Heinen’s organic light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Heinen’s CARE Certified pork tenderloins (2-2 ½ lbs. total)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup (optional).
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, olive oil, Italian seasoning blend, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pork tenderloins on the sheet pan. Use your hands to coat the tenderloins in the brown sugar mixture on all sides.
- Transfer the pork to the oven to roast for 23-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF*. Cover the pork loosely with foil and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Top the pork with the pan drippings, if desired.
*Pork may be slightly pink in the center when cooked to 145ºF. It is safe to consume. If you prefer pork that isn’t pink, roast until it reaches 155ºF.