The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of the most popular appetizers in all of the land! Creamy with just a touch of heat, it truly has something for everyone. The only thing missing is a vegetable, until now!
This recipe puts a new spin on the classic appetizer by substituting chicken for cauliflower! I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but this is a must try, even if you’re not a vegetarian!
Using cauliflower as a substitute for chicken has been an internet craze for some time now. Cauliflower wings, cauliflower steaks, you name it, it’s been “cauliflowered!” Cauliflower “meat” is very mild, which allows it to take on virtually any flavor while also keeping a nice bite after cooking.
A pressure cooker is the cooking vessel of choice for this delicious dip! In fact, all of the prep, cooking, and mixing is done inside of this handy kitchen gadget, which means you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying this sneaky good dip!
With only only minutes of cooking time, this is honestly the quickest appetizer I’ve ever made. It’s definitely one to keep in your back pocket for when surprise company knocks on your door.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz. Heinen's cream cheese
- 1 cup Heinen's mozzarella
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, divided
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Heinen's Tortilla chips and veggies, for serving
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces and place into the bowl of a pressure cooker* along with the buffalo sauce, salt, pepper and ranch seasoning. Mix well.
- Set the pressure cooker for 2 minutes of high pressure. Carefully let the steam out when the time is up!
- In the same bowl, add the sour cream, mozzarella, cream cheese and 3 Tbsp. of the blue cheese. Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Place into a serving bowl and top with the remaining blue cheese and green onions. Serve with Heinen’s blue corn chips, carrots and celery!
*If you don’t have a pressure cooker, roast in the oven for 10 minutes at 425° F.