The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Kayla Breeden Falconer of Kayla’s Kitch and Fix.
In the world of morning cocktails, Bloody Mary’s are an unrivaled fan-favorite. Well, mimosas may give it some competition, but comparing these sweet and savory sips is like comparing apples to oranges, or, in this case, tomatoes to carrots!
To me, a Bloody Mary is the perfect way to kick off any day of celebration! With just the right amount of buzz to wake you up, the savory tomato flavor is perfectly complimented by the tang and heat of olive brine, hot sauce and Worcestershire.
I’m all about finding ways to breathe new life into beloved recipes, so in the spirt of spring, and Easter if you celebrate, I swapped the tomato juice that gives this drink it’s “bloody” namesake for carrot juice! The result is a deliciously orange “Bunny Mary” that will have everyone hopping to the bar for another round!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 oz. carrot juice
- 2 oz. vodka or tequila
- 2 oz. pickle juice or olive brine, can do 1 oz. of each)
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 grinds of black pepper (optional)
- A pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. horseradish (optional)
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- Cherry tomatoes, celery stalks and olives, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker or tall glass with ice. Shake or stir to combine.
- Create the look of a bunny by using celery stalks and a cherry tomato sandwiched between two olives on a garnish skewer or toothpick.