Recipe and Photography provided by Heinen’s contributor, Courtney Holsworth of A Life From Scratch.
I am so excited to share this pasta recipe with you! With most of us cooking at home these days, I figure pasta is something that we all have on hand, so this Cajun Chicken Fajita dish is the perfect dinnertime solution.
With plenty of veggies, seasonings and cheese, the only thing that would make this recipe better is if it could be made in one pot… oh wait, it can! Let’s get started on this one-pot wonder!
- Total time:
- Approx. 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut up
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups pasta (we use gluten-free)
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Add the olive oil to a large pot on the stove over medium heat. Cook the chicken until done, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Add in veggies and sauté until the onion is translucent, roughly 5 minutes. Add the chicken back in along with all of the spices. Mix well.
- Pour in the cream, stock and pasta. Stir well. Let everything bubble together until the pasta is cooked and the sauce thickens. (Keep an eye on it – stirring when you can). This will take about 20 minutes.
- At the end, stir in the cheese. Serve with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro on top, if you have it. Enjoy!