Today I’m making a special fall fudge recipe. Fudge is NOT just for holidays. How loud would your gang sing your praises if THIS was on the counter any given weekday afternoon?
My Caramel Apple Fudge recipe is super rich and creamy with a sweet caramel finish. Apple pie filling and seasonings give it an authentic apple pie flavor. Caramel cream is swirled on top and throughout so that every bite gives you that caramel-apple flavor we all know and love.
Carmel Apple Pie Fudge
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 cup apple pie filling
- 3 cups white chocolate
- 1/2 cup caramel bits or 12-15 caramel squares
- 1 1/2 tbsp. heavy cream or half and half
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside. Add white chocolate and apple pie filling to a mixing bowl, attach whisk to mixer. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar, butter salt cream cinnamon nutmeg and allspice over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and stir continuously for 4 minutes, Remove from heat.
- Quickly pour the mixture into a prepped mixing bowl with white chocolate and apple pie filling. Beat on medium speed until white chocolate is smooth (about 2 minutes.) Pour into baking dish.
- Place the caramel bits and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the caramel at 45-second intervals at 50% power stirring until they are melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the caramel on top of the fudge and use a spatula to create swirls in the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours until hardened, or overnight.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and place on a cutting board. Cut fudge into small bite-size pieces and top with a small piece of cookie. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Use within one week, or freeze. Enjoy!