A good-for-you treat made of Fx-approved ingredients like cashew butter, oats and dark chocolate, these tasty gems will make a lovely addition to your holiday cookie tray!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 18 (serving size = 1 ball)
For the Butter Balls
- 1 cup Heinen’s fresh ground cashew butter (in Produce Department); can also use walnut, almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s coconut oil or Kerrygold butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of Heinen’s rolled oats (finely blended in a food processor) or oat flour
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 pinches of sea salt
For the Chocolate Coating
- 5 oz. Equal Exchange bittersweet chocolate chips (70% cacao)
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s coconut oil or Kerrygold butter
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Stir the cashew butter and softened coconut oil (or butter) in a mixing bowl. Add the maple syrup, ground oats, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop small portions of the cashew butter mixture and roll into 1-inch balls. Place each one on the sheet. Put the baking sheet back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- During the last 5-10 minutes of the freezing time, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heat-safe bowl and gently melt in the microwave or on a stovetop double boiler.
- Dip the balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Roll them around to make sure they’re completely covered. Place each ball back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with flaky sea salt before the chocolate sets.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge until ready to eat.