The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Chai Spiced Apple Dutch Baby is the perfect fall brunch recipe!
Baked with fresh apples and spices and finished with a dusting of powdered sugar, this is like no Dutch Baby you’ve ever seen before! In addition to brunch, this sweet giant pancake would also be a delicious start to an early morning tailgate!
Chai Spiced Apple Dutch Baby
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s organic ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Heat the butter in a large cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the apples to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Remove a few apple slices from the pan and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, flour, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground allspice, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the apples and bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar and reserved apples.