The following recipe and photography was provided by our partners, The Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.
Cheddar and dessert may sound like an unlikely pair, but try a slice of this sweet Cheddar Blueberry Buckle and you’ll surely think otherwise!
Made in a springform pan with our limited time Henning’s Cheddar Cheese, frozen blueberries and a simple streusel topping, this is a perfect sweet treat for winter celebrations!
Cheddar Blueberry Buckle
For the Cheddar Blueberry Buckle
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) Henning's Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
For the Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. cold butter
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and cheddar until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beating each addition until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer batter to a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- For the streusel, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon and cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edges of pan and remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream.