Cherry Bomb Chicken Meatballs
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup grated Onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/3 cup chopped Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Table Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- Brownwood Farms Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Position 2 racks near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 475ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, sage, garlic powder, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, tomato paste and Worcestershire. Combine wet ingredients with the chicken mixture. It’s easier to tell when the ingredients are combined when using hands. DO NOT OVER MIX, as it will result in drier meatballs.
- Shape the meat mixture into ball, about 3 tablespoons of meat per ball. You can also do this with an ice cream scoop. Place shaped meatballs on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked.
- Using 2 tablespoon, dip each individual meatball into the sauce. Alternately, you can brush each meatball with the sauce. Place back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes. Drizzle or brush with additional sauce as desired.
- Panko is a Japanese style of breadcrumbs.
- A combination of ground chicken and turkey can be used to make these meatballs.
- The meatball mixture can be prepared the night before and baked the day of, if desired.
Recipe and Photography Courtesy of Instagram’s @TheBiteSizePantry