The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
When the weather turns crisp and chilly, warm your body and soul with a bowl of Chicken Florentine Soup!
To allow for less time in the kitchen and more time around the table, use a hot and savory Heinen’s rotisserie chicken instead of roasting chicken yourself. Paired with fresh carrots, celery, baby spinach and potatoes in a creamy, cheesy broth, no one will ever know this recipe called for a shortcut!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 celery stocks, medium diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and medium diced
- 1 Heinen's rotisserie chicken, carved and cut into large pieces
- 15 oz. can Heinen's diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 15 oz. cans Heinen's great northern beans, drained
- 2 cups large Yukon potatoes, diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Heinen's organic Italian seasoning
- 64 oz. Heinen's chicken stock
- 8 oz. cream cheese block
- 2 cups Heinen's shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups Heinen's baby spinach, packed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the oil to a large pot over medium-high heat and cook the onions, garlic, celery and carrots for 4 -5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, beans, potatoes, Italian seasoning and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a low simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Finish by stirring in the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, salt and pepper until the cheese is completely incorporated.