The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Commonly found on restaurant menus, you might be surprised to learn that Chicken Marsala is an incredibly easy savory supper to make in your own kitchen.
Browned mushrooms, garlic and hearty chicken simmering in Marsala wine make for an elegant meal that bursts with flavor from the first bite.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. Gerber's CARE Certified chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¾ cup flour
- 8 oz. each button and baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 1 ½ cups Heinen's chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Buttered noodles, for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, add each chicken breast to a bowl with flour. Coat and set aside.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove the chicken, add the mushrooms to the pan and turn the heat up to high. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Scrape the mushrooms to one side of the pan. On the other side, cook the garlic and shallots in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the garlic mixture with the mushrooms and deglaze with the Marsala wine. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the chicken stock, season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and cook for about 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with buttered noodles.