The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
Citrus season is on its way and I’m ready to juice it for all its worth! Who is with me? Citrus has long been paired with pork and seafood, but where’s the beef? Beef seems to take a backseat when it comes to citrus pairings, but today we are putting it in the driver’s seat. Fresh lime and orange juice co-star with a beautiful Heinen’s Chuck Roast to create a flavorful meal with minimal effort. The citrus flavors pair perfectly with the kick from the chipotle orange seasoning.
This recipe is great to make in advance and use for meals throughout the week. Make a healthy taco salad, some cheesy enchiladas or just toss it on some rice! It’s a meal preppers dream! The Chipotle Citrus Crockpot Chuck Roast is the perfect protein to add to any meal.
Orange you excited to get started!?
Chipotle Citrus Crockpot Chuck Roast
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Hours
Servings: 6-12 (Depending on roast size)
- 1 chuck roast (2-4 lbs.)
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ red onion, sliced in large rings
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ jar of your favorite salsa
- ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Two Brothers Chipotle Orange Seasoning
- Remove the chuck roast from the packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Coat the roast heavily with the chipotle orange seasoning. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the roast for about a minute on each side. Searing the roast helps maximize the flavor of the beef and brings out the amazing taste of the seasoning. Remove from the skillet and save any juices.
- Turn your crockpot on low. Place the onions, garlic and half of the salsa in the crockpot. Next set the roast on top of the onions, add the rest of the salsa, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice and any juices from the roast.
- Cook on low for 7 hours. The roast is ready when it falls apart & shreds with no effort.
- Remove the beef from the crockpot and spoon ½ cup of the juices over the meat. Top with cilantro and fresh lime juice. Serve and enjoy!