The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Kayla Breeden of Kayla’s Kitch and Fix.
This is a dessert that you simply have to taste to believe! Light and fluffy in texture, yet rich and indulgent in flavor, its the perfect way to treat yourself without eating actual junk food!
Don’t be intimidated by the chocolate and avocado combo – it’s a pretty powerful duo! The avocado creates a smooth and creamy mousse-like consistency and the chocolate provides that sweet bite we all crave. Once blended together, you can barely even taste the avocado.
The best thing about this recipe is that it can be made completely sugar free with the help of Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips and Lakanto sugar free maple syrup, both of which I found at Heinen’s!
So, when your sweet tooth starts talking, make this mousse in a matter of minutes.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3-4 Tbsp. maple syrup or Lakanto keto maple syrup (sugar free)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use Lily’s for sugar free)
- Heat the chocolate chips, or a chopped chocolate bar, in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the chopped avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut milk and melted chocolate to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to stop the food processor or blender and stir a few times as the mousse will be thick.
- Once the mousse is formed, serve in bowls and top with anything you’d like! I love it with sugar free peanut butter, strawberries, coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings.