The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
If you’re looking for a sweet breakfast or healthy dessert, make this Chocolate Chia Pudding.
I, like most people, have a sweet tooth and often find myself craving chocolatey treats. It’s important to not deny yourself of the things you enjoy, but it can also be easy to overindulge when these cravings strike.
So, how do you satisfy your sweet tooth without diving deep into a bag of chocolate chips? Pair your favorite chocolate flavors with nutritious and satiating ingredients.
That’s exactly what this Chocolate Chia Pudding does! A great source of omega-3 fatty acids, chia seeds, although very small in size, have the power to reduce inflammation in the body and even increase good cholesterol to benefit your overall cardiovascular health. In addition to being heart healthy, their high fiber content will help keep you feeling fuller longer.
Although chia seeds and cocoa powder are the stars of this recipe, each serving also features bananas, freshly ground nut butter, avocado and maple syrup. This may sound like an odd combination of flavors and textures on paper, but when blended together, the taste and nutritional goodness is truly incredible!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Chia Pudding
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's freshly ground nut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup (optional, for added sweetness)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup mixed berries
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the chia seeds and toppings, in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the processed mixture to a bowl with the chia seeds. Mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into two Mason jars and store in the fridge for an hour.
- Top with berries, walnuts and an optional drizzle of honey.