The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
I didn’t believe there was anything that could beat the traditional graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow combo, until I swapped the grahams for chocolate chip cookies and added strawberries!
Let’s face it, summer is busy and I can barely find the time to fit in three meals a day let alone bake a batch of fresh cookies! That’s where Heinen’s bakery saves the day! I picked up a dozen of their indulgent, premade chocolate chip cookies, as well as a carton of in-season strawberries and Two Brothers gourmet dark chocolate bars and I was already half way to enjoying this indulgent treat!
Easily assembled indoors our outside, you’ll never enjoy a s’more any other way.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 S'mores
- 1 dozen Heinen's chocolate chip cookies
- 1 dozen jumbo marshmallows
- Two Brothers dark chocolate bars
- 1 carton strawberries, sliced and slightly cooked/heated
- A couple sprigs of mint, torn into large pieces
- Slice and heat the strawberries by sautéing in a skillet with light butter, using a crème brûlée hand torch until slightly browned and wilted or in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft. Set aside.
- Warm the chocolate chip cookies in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add the dark chocolate to the flat end of one cookie.
- Toast a marshmallow with a crème brûlée torch, over the stove or over a campfire.
- Place the marshmallow on top of the chocolate, pushing down carefully so it doesn’t slide.
- Layer a small amount of strawberries on top of the marshmallow.
- Top with a little mint, then close the s’more with the top cookie. Press down and repeat until all of the cookies and marshmallows are used.