Looking for a quick, no-bake, healthy(ish) summer dessert? Look no further than these chocolate-dipped banana slices. Inspired by a dessert my mom made a couple of weeks ago for our family, I am so excited to share this fun, endlessly customizable recipe with the Heinen’s community!
I chose to dip my slices in white, dark and milk chocolate to have variety, and I topped each bite with a mix of healthy almonds and unsweetened coconut, as well as some sprinkles for fun color. The key to easy dipping is to use slightly under-ripe bananas to minimize excess moisture. The less moisture there is on the banana, the better the chocolate will stick! Happy dipping!
- 3 bananas, slightly under-ripe
- 4 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- 4 oz. milk chocolate, melted
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Put each topping into its own small bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt each type of chocolate in its own small bowl.
- Slice bananas about 1 cm thick.
- Using a fork, dip a banana slice into one of melted chocolates. Transfer to a topping bowl.
- Using another fork, flip chocolate-coated banana in topping to coat on all sides. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with remaining banana slices, using the variety of toppings. When using a new type of chocolate, make sure to use a new fork.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in a covered container in the freezer and enjoy!