The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Spring produce is ripe for the picking, and Heinen’s asparagus is at the top of the crop.
When I saw it in the Produce Department, I knew it needed to make an appearance in my next meal, which turned out to be this simple Chopped Asparagus Salad.
I enjoyed this as my main meal with grilled chicken, but it would also make a vibrant side dish and could even meal prepped to enjoy throughout the week.
With a variety of flavors and textures, make this your go-to spring salad!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends removed and diced in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 package NatureFresh grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Kalamata olives
- 1 can Heinen’s chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh oregano, for serving
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to ice water. Let the asparagus cool for a few minutes, then dry.
- Combine the mixed greens, chopped asparagus, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, chickpeas and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, dried oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- Pour the dressing over salad and toss. Top with fresh oregano and serve.