The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
Tailgating is always full of barbeque meats, chips and drinks. But what about food to feed the sweet tooth? I’ve got a fun, football-themed cereal bar recipe that will not only benefit your belly, but also help raise SIDS awareness!
This sweet treat features Heinen’s exclusive new cereal, Chubb Crunch, combined with marshmallow and peanut butter candies to create a touchdown of flavor. Store a few of these in your doggy bag and share with the Dawg Pound after each Chubb touchdown!
These delicious cinnamon squares are a trick play no one saw coming, well except Cleveland running back, Nick Chubb! Chubb Crunch is a dream come true for Nick, who always dreamed of creating his own cereal. The eye-catching logo captures his love for his favorite super hero and his pride for the city of Cleveland. A portion of the proceeds from each box sold, will go to the nonprofit, First Candle. First Candle and their team are working hard to prevent SIDS and other sleep related deaths. That alone is a great reason to give this recipe a try!
These limited edition boxes are sure to be picked in the first round, so gather your team and get yours today!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 cups Chubb Crunch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 box of Reese’s Pieces (yellow removed, of course!)
- Decorative icing, optional
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the marshmallows.
- Once all of the marshmallows have melted, stir in the peanut butter. The peanut butter adds a little taste, but more importantly helps create a taffy-like texture. You can omit the peanut butter if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Chubb Crunch and melted marshmallow mixture. Mix until combined.
- Lightly grease a 9×12 glass baking dish and add in the cereal mixture. Spread the mixture to evenly fill the pan and top with Reese’s Pieces. Spray a piece of parchment paper with baking spray to help push down and flatten the cereal bars, it works wonders!
- Allow the mix to cool for at least an hour before cutting into your favorite game day shapes! Decorate with icing and you’re ready for kickoff!