The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie is a combination of two beloved desserts, or breakfasts if you wake up with a sweet tooth!
Featuring a premade crust, simple homemade apple pie filling and packaged cinnamon rolls, its almost effortless to make, but is guaranteed to a wow a crowd this holiday season!
My family loves loves adding the icing from the cinnamon rolls on top, but feel free to leave it off if its too sweet for your taste buds.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 premade pie crust
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 package cinnamon rolls
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a greased 9-inch pie plate. Crimp the edges of the crust and place in the refrigerator. A thawed pie crust in a tin can also be used.
- Combine the apples, brown sugar, butter, water and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until softened.
- Combine the cornstarch in a small bowl with a little water. Stir well and pour into the saucepan with the apples. Stir until thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the prepared pie crust from refrigerator. Add the apple pie filling and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pie from oven. Top with cinnamon rolls and cover the crust with foil. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes, until cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
- Let cool and top with the cinnamon roll icing, if desired.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.