The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Take the gut friendly benefits of kombucha from the bottle to the freezer with these citrus-infused popsicles.
Kombucha has grown in popularity over the last few years, and for good reason! It is a great source of probiotics, antioxidants and good gut bacteria and, once you get used to the slightly tangy taste, it is actually quite delicious.
Since I’m always on the hunt for a healthy snack, I decided to turn my favorite brand of Kombucha into a chilly popsicle that can be enjoyed at any time of year.
Made from only a few ingredients, these frozen pops are packed full of wholesome goodness you’ll love and fruity flavor you’ll crave!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8-10 Popsicles
- 8-10 slot popsicle mold with sticks
- 1 bottle passion fruit-tangerine Health-Ade kombucha
- 1 bottle bubbly rosé Health-Ade kombucha
- 1 container pulp-free orange juice
- 4-6 strawberries, sliced thin
- Mix one cup of orange juice with one cup of the passion fruit-tangerine kombucha.
- Pour the mixture into the slots of the popsicle mold, about 3/4ths of the way. Drop a few strawberry slices into each slot.
- Place in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
- Mix one cup of the bubbly rosé kombucha with 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- Remove the popsicle mold from the freezer after 45 minutes and fill each slot almost to the top with the rosé and orange juice mixture.
- Place the lid to the mold over the popsicles and insert the sticks. They should slide in easily even though the popsicles are partially frozen.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours.