The recipe and photography for this post were provided by our friends at Melissa’s Produce.
Sometimes it’s the simple recipes that have the most delicious flavor. That’s surely the case with these fresh avocados stuffed with juicy citrus segments, arugula and fennel and topped with lime and orange zest.
Full of antioxidants and healthy fats, they’re the perfect refreshing appetizer or light meal!
Citrus Salad-Stuffed Avocados
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Appetizers or 6 Salads
- 6 ripe avocados, halved lengthwise; seeds removed
- 2 limes, 1 juiced; 1 zested & segmented
- 3 cups fresh Arugula, washed and spun dry
- 5 organic oranges, peeled & segmented; 2 zested
- 1 small bulb of fennel, trimmed and small diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Drizzle the avocado halves with the lime juice. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the lime segments, arugula, orange segments and fennel. Mix well.
- Add the lime zest and the orange zest and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place equal parts of the mixture into the avocado halves. Drizzle with the balsamic and serve.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.