Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Create an impressive and elegant single serve appetizer spread with my fresh Clams Casino!
Stuffed with an easy panko bacon mixture, this bite-size meal starter will leave your taste buds swimming!
- 4 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup of white wine
- ¼ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 12-18 fresh clams, shucked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the bacon to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook until it is crisp and browned. Remove the cooked bacon and set aside.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze with the wine and cook until the liquid is almost gone.
- Add the cooked bacon, cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Place the shucked clams on a sheet tray and evenly spoon the breadcrumb mixture over each clam.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until the clams are cooked and the breadcrumb mixture has browned. Serve.