The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
My family loves cooking and eating outside, and although the weather will soon change, the flavor of barbecue season can be enjoyed year-round with this classic chicken salad.
I can’t tell you how many times a week we take home a rotisserie chicken from Heinen’s. They are so convenient and always delicious! We often enjoy it as is with a side of vegetables, but also love to cut it up for recipes like curry chicken and soup. It obviously makes an excellent base for chicken salad and will absolutely save you time.
I believe that a little sweetness goes a long way in cutting the savory flavor of chicken salad. You can add raisins or currants, but I always opt for fresh grapes, especially when they’re in season. I also recommend adding nuts like pecans, pistachios or almonds for an irresistible crunch.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 chilled rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned and roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and small diced
- 4 celery stalks, small diced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Chill before serving.