This recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Why roll in the dirt when you can eat it? Filled with a combination of everyone’s favorite Oreo cookies and creamy vanilla pudding and finished with candy gummy worms, this Classic Oreo Dirt Pudding has been transformed into a personal-size treat that the kids will shovel into their mouths!
Classic Oreo Dirt Pudding
- 2 packages vanilla instant pudding
- 6 cup cold milk, whole or 2%
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 12 oz. container of Cool Whip
- 1 14 oz. package of Oreos
- Gummy worms, to decorate
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer, combine the cold milk with the instant vanilla pudding packages for 3-5 minutes. Let this mixture sit for an additional 5 minutes to firm up.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the cream cheese, mixing together until everything is fully incorporated. If you see a few tiny specs of cream cheese, that is okay.
- Lastly, stir in the cold Cool Whip until completely incorporated.
- Set in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
- To assemble, gently crush all of the Oreos in a Ziploc bag. Don’t be afraid to leave some larger chunks.
- In a small mason jar, layer the Oreo crumble followed by the pudding. Repeat the layering process until the jar is full. Finish by topping with Oreo crumble and gummy worms.
Note: This dessert can also be made in a 9×13 baking dish or a classic parfait bowl.