The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Adding fresh spinach to hummus bumps up the nutrition, and the fun factor, without changing the flavor of this delicious Cool Green Hummus. Prep a batch to have on hand for easy snacks all week.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Cups
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained (1/2 cup liquid reserved)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- Combine all ingredients, including reserved liquid from canned chickpeas, in a high-power blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until very smooth. Transfer to a glass storage container with a lid. The hummus will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serve with fresh-cut vegetables, pita wedges or pretzels.