The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Save yourself time in the drive-thru line and recreate the infamous Chick-Fil-A Crispy Chicken Sandwich in your own kitchen!
Let’s face it, fast food is convenient because it eliminates the need to meal plan, cook and clean up, but in reality, it can be expensive and time consuming, especially during the lunch and dunner rush.
If you’re craving a classic fast food chicken sandwich, consider making it at home with a few super simple ingredients from Heinen’s. It tastes just like the original and comes together in less time than you would spend in the drive-thru line.
Why You’ll Love it:
- You don’t have to bread the chicken yourself. The key to a delicious crispy chicken sandwich is the breading on the meat. Breading chicken gets messy fast, so turn to Heinen’s Frozen Department for a selection of pre-breaded chicken. We recommend Bell & Evans breaded boneless skinless chicken breasts, which cook in just 30 minutes.
- It’s not lacking sauce. One of the best parts of eating Chick-Fil-A is the sauce. There’s a reason this homemade chicken sandwich tastes just like the original and it’s because it features real Chick-Fil-A sauce, which Heinen’s carries on their shelves. Add a bottle to your next shopping list to use on this sandwich and any other sandwiches or sides you make throughout the week.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Heinen’s brioche buns
- Bell & Evans breaded boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Tomato slices
- Heinen’s pickles
- Chick-Fil-A sauce
- Cook the frozen breaded chicken according to the package instructions. It should take about 30 minutes.
- If desired, brush the top and bottom halves of the brioche buns with Chick-Fil-A sauce.
- Add a layer of lettuce to the bottom bun followed by the breaded chicken, a squirt of Chick-Fil-A sauce, tomatoes, pickles and the top bun.