The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
If you love mushrooms and are looking for a simple and savory weeknight dinner, this recipe is perfect for you!
Loaded with a variety of buttery mushrooms and smothered in a creamy sauce, you’ll find comfort in this meal after a busy day!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 Gerber's CARE Certified chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups each sliced button and cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a very large frying pan over high heat until it begins to lightly smoke. Add the chicken, skin-side-down and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the large frying pan and cook for 6-8 minutes or until well browned.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the shallot, garlic and butter to the other side of the pan. Cook for one minute before stirring everything together.
- Stir in the flour until completely combined, then add the chicken stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. It should become very thick.
- Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and place the chicken back in the pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Serve with optional thyme leaves and chopped parsley for garnish.