The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
It’s hot. You need something easy and refreshing. You don’t want to turn on the stove or oven. What do you do? You grab some wine and make this Creamy Garden Bruschetta Dip, of course!
This dip features two of my favorite Ohio greenhouse farms, Buckeye Fresh and NatureFresh. Lucky for us, we can find both in Heinen’s Produce Department! Buckeye Fresh basil is the herb of choice for this appetizer. I love this stuff and add it to nearly every Italian dish. The aroma is next level, trust me!
The stars of this dish are orange and red cherry tomatoes from NatureFresh Farms. They come on-the-vine and are always perfectly ripe. Pop one into your mouth and get ready for a sweet and juicy ride. They’re like candy! NatureFresh Farms believe in sustainable growing and even packages some of their vegetables in compostable packaging, which I find pretty cool!
I know you’re getting tired of my rambling, so to help ease the pain, pair this dip with wine. Santa Julia Torrontes is an Argentinean white wine and it’s crisp, fruity flavors are a perfect match for this creamy bruschetta dip! Best of all, this delicious wine is featured in Heinen’s Pick the Vine selection, so it’s under $15. I’ll drink to that!
Uncork that wine and let’s get cooking!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups NatureFresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Buckeye Fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Sliced baguette and Heinen’s rosemary crostini
- Mix the cream cheese with the Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese until smooth.
- Smear the cream cheese mixture on a dinner plate. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Toss well. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Gently spoon the fresh bruschetta on top of the cream cheese spread. Sprinkle with extra basil and more olive oil, if needed. Serve with grilled baguette slices and Heinen’s rosemary crostini.
Note: The choice of cheese is up to you! I prefer cream cheese, but this is also great with goat cheese and mascarpone. Use what you like.