The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
You’ll go wild for this Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Mushrooms!
Packed with a delicious blend of baby bella, portabella and shiitake mushrooms and tossed in a creamy parmesan sauce, this dish is an elegant solution for a weeknight meal.
Don’t forget to sprinkle an extra helping of Heinen’s Italian-imported Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ¼ cup Heinen's olive oil + 1 Tbsp.
- 1 ½ lb. assorted sliced mushrooms (buttons, baby bellas, portabellas and shiitakes)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small shallot, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Heinen's whole milk
- 1 cup Heinen's 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup Heinen's sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb. Heinen’s artisan organic penne, cooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add ¼ cup of olive oil to a large frying pan or rondeau pot over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sear for 10-15 minutes, or until browned.
- Scoot the mushrooms to one side and add the shallots and garlic to the other side. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or just until cooked.
- Stir everything together, then stir in the flour until combined.
- Pour in the milk and turn the heat to high to bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Once thick, add the parmesan cheese, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the cooked pasta and serve with an optional garnish of chopped fresh basil.