The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
- 2 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp dried basil
- kosher salt to taste
- In the crock of a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except salt. Cover and cook on LOW
- 8-9 hours or on HIGH 4 hours.
- Carefully transfer to an 8-cup blender and blend until super smooth. Season to taste with kosher salt (between 1-2 tsp).