- Total time:
- One pack of Melissa’s ready-made crepes
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, plus more for buttering
- 1/4 C. plus 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 C. fresh orange juice
- 1/4 C. Grand Marnier
- 2 Tbsp. Cognac
- In a food processor, blend the 6 tablespoons of softened butter with 1/4 cup of the sugar and the orange zest.
- With the machine on, gradually add the orange juice until incorporated.
- If making the butter in advance, place the butter on a piece of wax paper and roll into a log. Refrigerate until ready to use. When ready to use, let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to soften.
- Preheat the broiler. Butter a large rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Place 2 rounded teaspoons of the orange butter in the center of each crêpe.
- Fold the crêpes in half and in half again to form triangles. So that the butter does not remain only in the center of the crepe, once you have folded it, use your hands to work the butter throughout the folded crepe evenly before placing on the baking sheet.
- Arrange each crepe on the prepared baking sheet, pointing them in the same direction and overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and broil on the middle shelf of the oven until they begin to caramelize, about 2 minutes.
- Using a long spatula, transfer the crêpes to a heatproof platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the Grand Marnier and cognac. Ignite carefully with a long-handled match and pour the flaming mixture over the crêpes. Tilt the platter and, with a spoon, carefully baste the crêpes until the flames subside. Serve right away.