The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
If you’re a fan of classic fast food fried fish sandwiches, you’re about to be hooked on this recipe!
The drive thru is great when you’re in a pinch, but this easy Crispy Cod Sandwich can be made at home in the same amount of time thanks to Heinen’s frozen breaded cod fillets.
Wild caught, responsibly sourced and chemical free, these frozen fillets can be found in Heinen’s Seafood Department and are great to keep in your freezer for easy and satisfying meals!
Enveloped in a crunchy golden coating that doesn’t get soggy when thawed, this fish is delicious with a simple side or piled high on Heinen’s brioche buns with homemade tartar sauce and fresh toppings!
Family friendly and on your table in less than 20 minutes, why wouldn’t you give this sandwich a try?
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Sandwiches
- 4 Heinen’s frozen breaded cod fillets
- Old Bay seasoning
- 4 Heinen’s brioche buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. dill relish
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Butter or head lettuce
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Sprinkle the cod with a little old bay seasoning and set on a sheet tray. Bake according to package instructions.
- While the cod is baking, prepare the tartar sauce by combining the mayo, lemon juice, and dill relish in a small bowl. Taste for salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the cucumbers, carrots and cabbage. Set aside.
- Build the sandwich by placing a lettuce leaf on the bottom half of a brioche bun, followed by a cooked fish filet. Top the fish with the carrots, cabbage and cucumber. Slather the top bun with tartar sauce. Serve immediately.
Note: If you have an air fryer, you can air fry the cod fillets at 400°F for 8-10 minutes for an extra crispy exterior.