One of the dilemmas we always face in hosting a holiday dinner is kitchen real estate. Space is in short supply on the stove top and in the oven. Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes are the perfect remedy for that. If you’re a fan of traditional mashed sweet potatoes, you can easily make them in your slow cooker. Plug it in and forget about it. When it’s time to serve them. dish them out into your serving dish and put them on the table. It couldn’t be easier. The beautiful part of this is that it’s off to the side on your counter, taking up no valuable space in your oven.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup milk, plus more as needed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- Place potatoes and carrots in the bowl of a slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients. Season with salt.
- Cover and cook on low setting, stirring periodically, for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Using a hand-held mixer, whip at medium speed until combined and light and fluffy. Add a bit of additional milk and/or cream, if needed, to achieve a creamy texture, but do not over-mix. (For totally smooth potatoes, mash first with a potato masher, then whip with the mixer.)