The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
These Dark Chocolate PB&J Cups are a nostalgic mashup of the fan-favorite childhood sandwich and one of the most beloved Halloween treats!
They are so simple to make and are a healthy, but equally delicious, alternative to regular store-bought peanut butter cups, which are loaded with sugar, additives and unnecessary additives.
Bring these to a upcoming Halloween party, or any gathering for that matter, and watch them magically disappear.
Can I Make These In Advance For Halloween?
Yes! To be honest, I always have a stash of these of PB&J cups in my freezer. They make the best treat. This recipe will keep for up to a month in the freezer in an airtight container.
Can I Use Any Kind Of Nut Butter?
Yes! You can use any kind of nut butter; however I am obsessed with the Fx-approved fresh ground nut butters in Heinen’s Produce Department. They carry multiple varieties, so there is something for everyone!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Cups
- Endangered Species dark chocolate bars, 70% cacao or higher
- 1 cup Heinen’s fresh ground nut butter, any variety
- ½ jar St. Dalfour jelly, any flavor
- Line a muffin pan with paper or silicone muffin liners.
- Place the nut butter in the freezer for an hour. This will make it easier to scoop.
- Chop the chocolate bar into bite-size pieces. Pulsing it in a food processor works too.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir with a small whisk, then place the bowl back in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk the chocolate again. If chunks of chocolate still remain, place the bowl back in the
microwave and heat in 15 second intervals until it completely melts. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Scoop 1/2 Tbsp. of melted chocolate into the bottom of each lined muffin cup.
- Add 1 tsp. of nut butter and ½ tsp. of jelly.
- Pour 1 Tbsp. of chocolate on top. Repeat until all of the muffin cups are filled.
- Place the PB&J cups in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy.