The following recipe and photography were created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Mother’s Day is almost here and do not fear! My Deviled Egg Dip Croissant Sandwiches are an eggcellent way to show mom your dearest appreciation.
When it comes to Mother’s Day, a few classic gifts come to mind: a handwritten note telling expressing your love, a handcrafted bouquet of flowers or breakfast in bed. All of these are special, which is why I’m combining them to create an extra special Mother’s Day treat with the help of Heinen’s produce, dairy, bakery and floral departments.
While you’re picking up your weekly groceries, make sure to swing by Heinen’s floral department to grab their 3 for $15 bundles. You can then make your own unique bouquet to adorn your mom’s breakfast in bed table or tray. While you’re in the floral department, make sure to pick up a Mother’s Day card to write your heartfelt special note. If you don’t have the words, Papyrus’ special occasion cards have a wonderful way of expressing what you may not be able to say. Next, stop by Heinen’s produce department for the romaine lettuce, celery and chives that you’ll need to make the Deviled Egg Salad Dip for the croissant sandwiches. You’ll also need to swing by the bakery to pick up some house-made croissants.
If Mom likes a little booze with her brunch, make sure to pick up the following fixings for my Boozy Brunch-in-Bed Skinny Mimosas, they are “Truly” a game-changer.
Deviled Egg Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
- 3-4 croissants
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 4 Tbsp. sweet relish or chopped dill pickles + 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/4 cup chives or green onion
- Smoked paprika and chives for garnish
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth. If you like it on the chunkier side, only pulse it a couple of times until the eggs and the rest of the ingredients are broken up and combined.
- Place a couple leaves of romaine lettuce on the bottom half of a sliced croissant.
- Add a couple Tbsp. of the Deviled Egg Salad.
- Garnish with smoked paprika and extra scallions and top with the other half of the croissant.
Note: You can also serve this dip “party style” on a serving platter with veggie dippers.
Boozy Brunch-in-Bed Skinny Mimosas
- 1 12 oz. can of Truly Hard Seltzer
- 1 12 oz. can of Waterloo Sparkling Water
- 2 cups of orange juice or fruit juice of your choice
- 4 cups of ice
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pitcher and serve in a champagne flute.
- Garnish with fruit of choice.