The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Now that fall is in full swing, we’re looking forward to all of the fall activities. Why not make your own caramel apples this fall?!
Heinen’s offers Concord Foods Wrapples caramel wrappers in the Produce Department that make these DIY Caramel Apples easy. You’re also welcome to use any DIY Caramel Apple kit as well. We recommend using a food processor to easily chop all of the toppings finely. Get the whole family involved and let everyone customize their own apple!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- This is a great (and delicious!) family friendly activity for all ages.
- Condord Foods’ Wrapples caramel wrappers make this recipe easy and approachable.
- A variety of topping options will let everyone customize their own caramel apple!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. fresh local apples
- Wooden apple sticks or wooden skewers
- 1 package Concord Foods Wrapples caramel wrappers
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce, for drizzling
- 1 Two Brothers chocolate bars, chopped
- 1/2 cup Two Brothers dark chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s pretzels, broken in pieces
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup M&M’s
- Thoroughly wash and dry apples. Push wooden apple sticks into the apples.
- Wrap apples with caramel wrappers
- After apples are wrapped in caramel, top with a variety of chocolate and nut toppings.
- Set apples on a parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer to the refrigerator to cool and set for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!