For the Hollandaise:
4 egg yolks
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of Chardonnay wine
4 to 6 ounces of melted butter
Kosher salt, ground white pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
For the Eggs Benedict:
warm sliced Canadian bacon
toasted English muffins
1. Over a double boiler whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice and white wine until the mixture becomes thick and frothy.
2. Once this is achieved, slowly drizzle in the melted butter until it becomes very thick.
3. Remove from the heat once the mixture is to the correct consistency and adjust the seasonings with Kosher salt,
white pepper and cayenne pepper. Keep warm.
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and then turn down the heat so the water is simmering. Using a ladle add each egg to the simmering water one at a time. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes. The whites of the egg will form around the yolk, but the yolk should still be runny.
2. Once they are cooked remove from the water and set on a paper towel to dry.
3. Serve the poached egg on top of the sliced Canadian bacon and toasted English muffin and top off with 3 tablespoons of hollandaise sauce.