The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
These flourless Apple Coconut Oil Muffins are one of my favorite treats to make in the fall! September through November is apple picking season, and whether you’re going to an orchard or simply grabbing a bunch of fresh apples from your local Heinen’s, I cannot think of a better recipe to make with this fresh-picked fruit.
This recipe only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time, so your kitchen will be smelling like warm apples in no time at all! Plus, these muffins are loaded with healthy fat from Heinen’s fresh ground nut butter and Heinen’s coconut oil. Making a batch this season is simply a no brainer.
Can I Batch-Make These Muffins?
Yes! These muffins make a great snack for adults and kids. Simply make a big batch and freeze what you don’t eat right away!
Any fruit can be added to this recipe! While apples are my favorite for fall, you can easily swap in figs or pears when winter arrives.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Muffins
- 1 cup Heinen's fresh ground almond butter
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅔ cup apple, washed and chopped with the skin on
- 1 tsp. Heinen's apple cider vinegar
- 1 ripe banana
- Heinen’s avocado oil spray, if using silicone muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place all ingredients, expect for the apples, in the bowl of food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in the apples with a spatula.
- If using a regular muffin pan, add paper liners. If using a silicone muffin pan, spray the cups with avocado oil spray.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely prior to removing from the mold.