The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
These Flourless Apple Muffins are a healthy way to satisfy a sweet tooth. Whether you’re planning a trip to an orchard this fall or simply grabbing a bunch of fresh apples from Heinen’s during your weekly grocery run, there’s no better way to enjoy this fresh-picked fruit, outside of eating it whole, of course!
This recipe only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time, so your kitchen will smell like warm apples in no time at all! Even better, these muffins are loaded with healthy fat from Heinen’s fresh ground nut butter and Heinen’s coconut oil. What are you waiting for? Whip up a big batch to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack. If you have kids, they’re guaranteed to love them, too!
Can I Batch-Make These Muffins?
Yes! These muffins make a great snack for adults and kids. Simply make a big batch and freeze what you don’t eat right away!
Any fruit can be added to this recipe! While apples are great for the fall season, you can easily swap in figs or pears when winter arrives.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Muffins
- 1 cup Heinen's fresh ground almond butter
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s coconut oil
- 2 Heinen's cage free eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅔ cup apple, washed and chopped with the skin on
- 1 tsp. Heinen's apple cider vinegar
- 1 ripe banana
- Heinen’s avocado oil spray, if using silicone muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place all ingredients, expect for the apples, in the bowl of food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in the apples with a spatula.
- If using a regular muffin pan, add paper liners. If using a silicone muffin pan, spray the cups with avocado oil spray.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely prior to removing from the mold.