The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
Every now and then it’s refreshing to let your inner kid shine! Today, I have the perfect recipe for your little ones and your inner child!
Bacon Pancake Dippers are always delicious and so much fun to make. My daughters go crazy for them and love to help. It’s only a matter of time before I can sit back and relax while they make them for me. If I’m being honest, these are the best because they keep my kids from getting greasy bacon hands! A true breakfast for kids on the move. These are also a favorite in our house because they are so fun to customize! Change it up with sausage links instead of bacon, or add in chocolate chips! I like to stay traditional and add a few rainbow sprinkles.
Not all bacon is created equal, so be sure to grab yourself a few pounds of Heinen’s CARE Certified thick sliced bacon for this recipe. Thin cut simply doesn’t cut it.
My daughters and I love making these pancakes outside on the griddle. I was a bit skeptical of outdoor griddles at first, but now I’m not sure how I got along without it. They are very easy to use, maintain, and preheat extremely fast. The biggest advantage is the cooking area. You can cook a whole batch of pancakes in one go. These griddles come in handy if you cook for a large family or entertain often. Be on the lookout for deals at the end of summer!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 pancakes
- 1 lb. Heinen's CARE Certified bacon
- 1 Heinen's cage free egg
- 3/4 cup milk, butter milk, or coffee creamer
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen pancake mix
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
- Heinen’s pure organic maple syrup
- Place the bacon onto a cold griddle, then turn up the heat. This will help render out the fat. Cook the bacon to your liking.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Mix in the pancake batter and sprinkles. Finally, add the melted butter and mix. Let this mixture set for 10 minutes. If the sprinkles don’t tickle your fancy, toss in some fresh berries, nuts or even some honey!
- Preheat a griddle or skillet to medium-low heat.
- Place a half slice of bacon on the griddle and carefully pour 4 Tbsp. of batter over top. If the griddle is not hot enough, the batter will run. Cook for 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with warm syrup, Heinen’s fresh squeezed orange juice and fresh berries. Enjoy!