The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Don’t let cooking shellfish at home intimidate you! These Garlic-Braised Mussels are so simple and delicious, you will think you ordered them from an oceanside restaurant!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 dozen fresh mussels
- ½ cup Ambervale Chardonnay
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over high/medium-high heat until it lightly smokes.
- Add the shallots and garlic and turn the heat down to medium. Sauté for 2- 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the mussels and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine. turn the heat to high and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the butter is melted.
- Serve alongside Heinen’s Pain Paillasse artisan bread.