The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
These autumn-inspired blondies may be the easiest thing you make this year. I’m not lying.
I usually make these blonde bars very plain or with some sort of fruit, but time around I wanted to add a little punch of flavor, which is where Heinen’s Silver Goat Cheese comes into play. I didn’t want to use the whole sleeve of cheese because goat cheese isn’t the most subtle in flavor. In fact, it’s pretty strong, but with just the right amount, it’s a dream.
I also made a pomegranate sugar drizzle to top these beautiful blondies. You can incorporate this glaze however you wish, but I think it is best glazed across the entire tray after its completely cooled but before you cut it. It creates beautifully glossed squares. Check out the recipe below!
- 12 Bars
For the Crust
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 2.5 oz. of a goat cheese medallion log
- 2 cups (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese package
- 2 eggs
For the Pomegranate Sugar Drizzle
- 8 oz. cherry pomegranate juice (or regular pomegranates)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch in 1/4 cup cold water
- Set oven to 350°F. Spray cooking oil on a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- While the oven is heating, make the pomegranate drizzle. Bring the juice to a boil and add the brown sugar. Cook for 15 minutes, remove from heat and add the corn starch + water mixture. Once thickened, set aside and stir occasionally until you are ready to drizzle over the brownies. You can also keep this in the fridge.
- Mix the crust ingredients together and pat down the mixture to line the bottom of the greased baking dish. It does not have to be smooth since it will be covered by the cheesecake batter.
- Use a hand mixer to combine all of the cheesecake batter ingredients until smooth. Pour evenly over the crust and let settle for a few seconds.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes. Remove and test for doneness with toothpick.
- Allow to cool for an hour. When completely cool, glaze with the pomegranate drizzle and cut into squares.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.