The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These Golden Energy Balls are a deliciously healthy treat to keep on-hand this new year.
Made from dates, dried mango, cashew butter, cashews, turmeric and honey, these bites have a touch of sweetness that is so tasty, you’d never know that they actually pack immune-boosting properties and tons of protein.
These make the perfect prep-ahead breakfast, mid-afternoon snack or nutritious dessert replacement. I recommend making a double batch to enjoy throughout the week!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 energy balls
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried mango
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s fresh ground cashew butter
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s cashews
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s turmeric
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s honey
- Add the Medjool dates and dried mango to a food processor and pulse on high.
- Add the cashew butter, cashews, turmeric and honey. Pulse until a dough forms. If the dough is too tough, add a drizzle of water.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve.