You will love this pan-seared Coulotte steak smothered in a breadcrumb and Gorgonzola crust. Serve with loaded baked potatoes and don’t forget to pick up a Heinen’s Bavarian fruit tart for dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- The Gorgonzola crust makes a tangy topping that elevates this simple steak dinner.
- Coulette steaks are a tender, inexpensive cut that’s easy to prepare.
- Offer Delaire Graff Botmanskop from Heinen’s Road Less Traveled: South Africa collection for the main course. Serve chilled Boschendal Rose alongside a fruity dessert.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup Heinen's gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup Heinen's breadcrumbs
- 8 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 4 Heinen's CARE Certified Coulotte steaks (5-6 oz.)
- Heinen's unsalted butter
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- Heinen's Bavarian fruit tart
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together 4 Tbsp. of olive oil and salt to taste.
- Coat the potatoes on all sides in the mixture and place them on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 375F for 1 hour. Set aside when done cooking.
- In the meantime, combine the Gorgonzola, panko, garlic and 2 Tbsp. of olive oil together in a medium bowl. Briefly set aside.
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil to a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Once it begins to smoke, add in the seasoned steaks and cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until browned.
- Flip the steaks over and cook them for 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat off and top off each steak with the Gorgonzola-breadcrumb mixture. Place the skillet under the broil for 2-3 minutes or until the Gorgonzola-breadcrumb mixture is browned.
- Slice open the potatoes and add in unsalted butter, sour cream and sliced chives.