The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Greek Chicken and Green Bean Skillet
- 2 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (about 6)
- Dried Oregano
- 3-4 tsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 medium Onion, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes with juice
- 1 lb Green Beans, trimmed
- Roasted Potatoes, Rice or Pita Bread
- Feta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Season chicken breasts on each side with a liberal sprinkle of dried oregano and paprika, followed by salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven (with lid), heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil shimmers (you want it hot so the chicken sears and doesn’t stick), add chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Sear on one side (without moving) for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove chicken from pan (it is not fully cooked through) and set aside.
- To the pan, add the remaining 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Add onions and saute until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock, using a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits.
- Add tomatoes and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Fold in green beans, return chicken to pan nestling in with the beans. Cover up and continue to simmer over medium-low for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, rice, or pita bread with plenty of feta cheese.
Meal Prep Tips:
- Wash and trim the green beans up to 4 days in advance. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container or zip top bag with a paper towel to retain moisture.
- Slice the onion up to 4 days in advance. Keep refrigerated, tightly covered.
- If serving with rice, steam a batch up to 4 days in advance.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for Greek Chicken and Green Bean Skillet.