The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
On the menu today is a quick and easy grilled chicken Caesar wrap. Hot chicken mixed with cool dressing is a combo meant for summer.
I started off with a creamy homemade Caesar dressing that came together in no time. It’s a classic recipe that features sardines and raw egg yolk to create a salty flavor and creamy texture. You may be wary of using raw eggs and anchovy, but you know what they say… When in Rome! This dressing is great for wraps, salads and as a dip for veggies. You can substitute the egg for mayo, but I recommend trying it at least once.
The real star of this recipe is Heinen’s Care Certified marinated chicken, which is sourced from Gerber’s Amish Farms, and let me tell you, it is a life saver! Two marinated chicken breasts come in each packet and they have flavors like sundried tomato, herb Dijon and lemon! All you have to do is preheat your grill or cooktop and you’re 15 minutes away from juicy chicken packed full of flavor. They work great for quick weeknight meals, meal prep or any barbeque!
Time to crack some eggs and put that whisking arm to use! Let’s seize the day!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 Wraps
For the Grilled Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 2 packages of Heinen’s sundried tomato chicken breasts
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 6 sandwich wraps
- Tomatoes, avocados or any salad topping you enjoy
For the Caesar Dressing
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 anchovy fillets, in oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Start by making the sauce. If you prefer to skip the eggs, use 2 Tbsp. of Mayo instead.
- On a cutting board, combine the garlic, anchovies and salt. Mince finely and smear the mixture back and forth with the flat side of the knife blade to form a paste. This is our flavor!
- Whisk together the anchovy paste, lemon juice, mustard and egg yolks.
- Add a few drops of olive oil into the mixture while whisking. After a few seconds, slowly add the remaining olive oil in a consistent stream, whisking the entire time.
- Once the olive oil is added, the mixture should look similar to heavy cream. Add the cheese and freshly cracked pepper. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just like revenge, this dressing is best served cold, so I always make it ahead of time.
- Preheat the grill and remove the Care Certified chicken breasts from the packaging. Feel free to use any of the other marinated flavors carried at Heinen’s.
- Grill the chicken for 6 minutes on one side, then flip. Cook for another 6 minutes or until an internal temperate of 165˚F is reached. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then cube it.
- Combine 1 cup of lettuce, 1/3 cup of chicken, 2 Tbsp. of Parmesan cheese, croutons and any other vegetables you enjoy in a bowl. Toss the salad with 2 large spoonful’s of the Caesar dressing.
- Now wrap. Heat the sandwich wraps in the microwave for 10 seconds to help prevent tearing. Place the mixture in the sandwich wrap. Carefully fold it up and enjoy.
- Serve with a good crunchy chip and extra dressing!
That’s a wrap, folks!