The following recipe and photography were provided by Food Scientist Kathleen Ann of Bread Over Heels.
Combining the best of both grilling season and ice cream season, this fresh and healthy dessert comes together in a matter of minutes!
Ripe peaches are flash-grilled to allow for a caramelization of natural sugars, glazed with a cinnamon honey simple syrup and topped with Heinen’s delicious non-dairy frozen dessert. I used the vanilla bean variety (made with actual vanilla beans!), which is so delicious and impressive for being made with almond milk.
For additional textural contrast, sprinkle granola on top before serving. Enjoy!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Olive oil
- 4 peaches
- Heinen’s non-dairy frozen dessert, for serving
- Granola, for serving
- Add the sugar and ¼ cup of water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking frequently to dissolve the sugar. Add the honey and cinnamon and remove from the heat.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. Cut the peaches in half and remove the seed. Brush the peaches lightly with olive oil. Place on the grill flat-side-down for 2-3 minutes, or until the peaches are warmed. Repeat until all of the peach halves are grilled.
- Brush the peaches with the cinnamon honey syrup.
- Serve with Heinen’s non-dairy frozen dessert and granola.