Take one last bite out of grilling season with this Asian-inspired swordfish coated in a zesty lemon ginger glaze. Quickly and easily cooked, this hearty fish is delicious on its own or paired with a simple chimichurri and Asian noodle salad!
- Total time:
For the Swordfish
- Fresh swordfish steaks
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
For the Lemon Ginger Glaze
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ginger, chopped
For the Chimichurri (optional)
- Garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a grill to high heat.
- Pat the swordfish dry with a paper towel and season lightly with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the fish with a little oil. Brush some oil on the grill racks so the fish doesn’t stick.
- Lay the fish on the hot grill racks and allow to cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Turn gently with a thin spatula so that the fish doesn’t tear and grill the other side for another 2 or 3 minutes or until the filets feel firm when pressed. Remember, it takes about 7 minutes to cook a 1-inch thick piece of fish and these filets are closer to 1/2-inch.
- Combine all ingredients for the lemon ginger glaze in a small bowl.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the chimichurri.
- When the fish is cooked through, transfer to serving plates and the brush the glaze over the top.
- Drizzle the chimichurri over the fish or serve on the side, if desired.
- Pair with an Asian noodle salad or side of your choice.