The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Few summer side dishes are more delicious than this Mexican Street Corn!
Fresh from the grill and smothered in a mayo-based sauce with cilantro, cotija cheese and chili powder sprinkled on top, this veggie-based side does not skimp on the flavor or heat!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 ears of corn, un-shucked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Add the un-shucked corn to the grill and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning after 12-15 minutes. The leaves should be browned and the corn cooked.
- Remove from the grill and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- Shuck the corn, gently folding the leaves back but not separating them from the cob. Tie a knot around the husk using butchers twine. Repeat with the remaining corn cobs.
- Brush the shucked corn with the mayonnaise mixture on all sides and evenly sprinkle with the chili powder, cheese and cilantro.